....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 5, 2009

.joy.


these past few months have been the months of confusion for cameron and i. we have been dealing with the infamous decision of ivf vs. adoption vs. just waiting. needless to say, it has been torture. it's such a hard choice because it involves so much emotion and obviously money. we have had a hard time feeling like there is ONE right choice and we are lost as to what heavenly father wants us to do. as we fast and pray for answers, we are empowered by the fact that heavenly father doesn't want us to be sad. i had a eye-opening lesson in RS today, it was on joy. the lesson focused on having joy despite our trials and tribulations. as it seems SO hard to find joy in anything when you've been faced with the ugliness of infertility, i'm stregthened by the fact that i have so much to be thankful for, such as, my husband (he is my rock), the best family, great friends, and most importantly my heavenly father, who truly has a plan of happiness tailored just for me. i may find it hard to feel happy every day, but i know that i am so blessed to have what i do have. i know i will be a mother. i just don't know how or when. but i will. thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley, It's Jacquie Beesley from Hawaii. I check your other blog once in a while. It's good to see you even in this wierd non-social cyber world of ours. We started trying for a baby 2 years after we were married. For the 1st few months I stressed every time my period was late... which was all the time. I was VERY irregular & went a couple months with no period at all & had to take hormones to get it going again. Then I decided to relax cause there was nothing we could do except have fun in the mean time. Stressing wasn't helping our relationship. They say that technically you're not considered infirtle until a year with no luck. At 14 months I hadn't had a period in 2 months but kept getting negative tests so I decided to go to the Dr about it but before I had my appt I finally discovered I was prego. It took 13 months. I think it just took time for my body to readjust... after all, we can't expect it to return to normal immediately after we've confused it for so long with birth control. Next time we try I'll know to not be concerned if it doesn't happen right away. Everyone's body is different. Your eggs certainly aren't drying up yet. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain" (don't know who said it). Live it up!

    ReplyDelete