....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 12, 2009

.yup, on to parlodel.


i finally had a chance to talk to my nurse at the fertility clinic and she talked to the dr about starting parlodel (bromocriptine) to help bring down my prolactin levels. no wonder i haven't been able to get pregnant...prolactin is about 90% effective in preventing pregnancy while a woman is breastfeeding. i've read that this med will hopefully stabilize my levels within 2-4 weeks. in conjunction with the 100 mg of clomid i should be set..? right? at this point, i'm a little hesitant to think this is actually the problem because i'm not willing to overlook other problems that will prolong our journey, but it's a start. i'm hopeful.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Progress! Hopefully this sets everything straight. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ash!

    You are so good to journal all of this...it is a whirlwind of an experience trying to get pregnant. I think about you often! You are in my prayers and it soulds like you are in good hands. Keep in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have good insurance-- be grateful for that, sister! I'm still getting stabbed with tiny needles once a week and drinking Chinese herbs because that paying with cash thing got old really quickly. Good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good I hope it works! :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad they found something Ash (you know what I mean by that!) I hope this works for you guys.

    ReplyDelete