....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 6, 2009

.prolactin.

as my list to the right says, i found out yesterday that i have elevated prolactin levels. yes, this is the hormone that is so abundant in those breastfeeding women out there. but how, in my unpregnant, and even less lactating body can this be high. well, perhaps stress, perhaps a tumor on my pituitary gland. believe it or not, i'm pretty ecstatic about having something "wrong" so that we can fix it. now, not to get my hopes up, this level could have been slightly inaccurate, therefore, i'm going back to get it re-drawn next week. i'm secretly hoping it will still be high so i can get on anti-prolactin meds and on to getting pregnant. if it comes back normal, we'll just proceed with my 100 mg of clomid and an ultrasound at ovulation to assess follicle maturation. blah, blah, blah.

anyway, in limbo, yet again.

3 comments:

  1. I love you and am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ash, I hope this is it! You know, maybe that's the difference in our size. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, just checked on your regular blog and found this one. I don't think I told you this part but they found high prolactin levels in me too August 2007 but I haven't been treated for it because I still ovulate and I guess that's usually how it affects infertility. They'll probably have you get an MRI also (at least they had me do that). I'm guessing you've probably already researched it quite a bit but I would be happy to answer any questions about how my doctors assessted it if you have any. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete