....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

....

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 28, 2010

.yup, it worked.

so you all know that i found out this past week if our 3rd ivf worked or not, and pending notification of close family members i have yet to post. well, i'm pregnant. we're both in complete shock and VERY pleasantly surprised. we really thought we'd be going to las vegas to fine tune our drug protocol. well, so far, we'll not be going to vegas again for a few years.. :)

anyway, i had so many dreams and ideas of how i would tell our friends and family that we were expecting, but so far, it's been too scary to actually believe that it is true, or will stay true. we're all just cautiously optimistic. my first ultrasound will be on march 10th.

so here's the story how we found out.
tuesday february 22 i had my first blood test at 8dp3dt (8 days past 3 day transfer).
it was only 5. some clinics call a 5 "not pregnant" but my dr. called and said i was.
we were ecstatic, but knew it could most definately go down and be deemed a chemical pregnancy. therefore we lied to all of our family and told them it was negative to buy us some time to get another blood test. so i waited for thursday, february 25 for the 2nd beta. it came out to 26. the number is supposed to double every 48 hours and ours more than doubled which helped reassure me that we were on track. 26 for 10dp3dt is still really low, even for a singleton, but i was happy. went back to the lab saturday, february 27, and got a number of 69...still positive and rising appropriately. so finally we can take a deep breath and celebrate a little.. as far as beta hcg numbers go, i'm just now up to the "average" range for a singleton. and i'm happy being there. we have one more blood test tomorrow that will help my dr feel good about releasing me to my ob/gyn as long as the first ultrasound shows a heartbeat. that's the next big hurdle..the heartbeat!

anyway, we are so very excited to welcome a little bundle of joy into our home, it has been a very long time coming and can't wait to see how the first few months go. we know we're not out of the woods yet, but are getting pretty comfortable with using the word, pregnant. and it doesn't hurt to hear congrats, either, just helps us to realize it just may be happening.

here is a picture of one of my MANY hpts. this was done on 14 dpo, or 11dp3dt..never seen that before, two beautiful pink lines :)

8 comments:

  1. Cool, Cool, Cool!! I am so happy for you guys. What a long road, but so far you are making it through!!! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I am so ridiculously excited for you guys. I have kept you in my prayers every night and have been hoping for your guys every day.

    If it doesn't feel real yet, no worries, I'm a bit father along and sometimes it doesn't seem real still, even with my waist expanding. One piece of advice, take a video camera with you to the first ultrasound. Seeing the heart beat is crazy and you'll always be glad you have it on tape. I have no doubts you will be the best Mom ever! SUPER DUPER CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I am crying I am so happy for you! I hope the next nine months go perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashley, I'm a blog stalker. I don't know if you remeber me from Oly High. But...just wanted to tell you that I was SO happy to read this today. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so so excited for you! You deserve this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray! We will be praying for you to hear a good strong heartbeat next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley and Cameron!! Congratulations!! I am sooo happy this worked for you! And your little one will be worth all of the wait...love ya Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ash. I loved Belle's little shirt. And, soon (okay, in nine months) you can get those crazyons from Roatan:). Blake and I are seriously so stoked for you two. Can't wait to be an aunt and uncle to your little baby! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete