wow, where did this year go!? i am posting this today because tomorrow we'll be busy celebrating little wy's first birthday. i can't believe it and get a little teary thinking he'll never be a baby again. he's still my baby, but come may we'll have two and we couldn't be more excited about that. as the days creep by, i can't wait to see wyatt as a big brother and i know in a year or two our little boys will be making lots of little pitter-patter around the house. i wanted to jot down a few things to remember wyatt at his first birthday.
- he's still doing his straight arm twirl when he gets excited
- can take 8-10 steps but is a little shy about it without help
- dances on cue, when we say "shake it, wyatt, shake it"
- can high-five
- does patty cake when we sing the song (claps up and down though :)
- waves bye bye, or hi
- gives kisses, hugs, and head bonks
- is FINALLY getting his 2 front teeth, that will make a total of 4
- loves the bead maze, wooden shape sorter, and his books that sing songs
- still LOVES the bath.. especially with papa's swimming bugs
- loves to snuggle blankets and stuffed animals
- takes 2 naps a day
- goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes at 7
- eats EVERYTHING
- drinks out of a straw sippy all the time.. NO MORE BOTTLES
- loves his daddy.. if i'm around and dad is too, he wants dad
- is wearing 18-24 month clothes
- is just the love of our lives
one cute thing i caught him doing yesterday.. i couldn't hear him anywhere so i started looking around and wyatt had carried his stuffed doggy and 2 books into a corner in his room and was quietly "reading" .. just melted my heart.